Due Friday, September 27, 2013
SPESC SCHOLARSHIP FOR STUDENT MEMBERS:
SPE South Central invites applications for scholarships to support student attendance at the 2013 Regional
SPE Conference in Houston/Texas City, TX, October 17-20, 2013.
PURPOSE: SPESC region encourages participation in SPE conferences to introduce talented students to
the dynamic culture and programs of SPE. By defraying travel expenses of attendance, SPESC invites a
broad regional audience of qualified students to participate in the activities and values of our organization.
QUALIFICATIONS: SPESC seeks current student members of our SPE region who can articulately
demonstrate his or her intent to travel to the conference. Preference is given to students who provide
examples of extra-curricular activities with photography program, SPE, or other relevant group or activity.
Winners must be in attendance at the conference to receive the award.
FACULTY SUPPORT: Supporting faculty are no longer required to provide written letters of support.
However, faculty should be notified and willing to support the applications as a reference. Applicants must
provide accurate contact information including name, title, phone, and email. If needed, board members will
contact faculty to confirm applications.
INSTRUCTIONS: Please follow the guidelines exactly so that application is not disqualified:
1. Formal letter of application. Letter should detail level of education, involvement with SPE or related
activities, and brief description of artwork. Student should also illustrate reasons why he or she
should be selected for the scholarship.
2. Please create a single pdf file that contains:
- The letter of application.
- Faculty reference information (name, title, phone, and email of a faculty member).
- A direct link to one image gallery on your spenational.org profile.
- You will need to be a current member to create and link to a gallery.
- The URL in your application should link directly to the gallery.
- Applications that do not link directly to an SPE Members Gallery link will not be considered.
- Label PDF file as Lastname_Firstname_spesc_fall2013.pdf.
3. Email application pdf file to:
- Bryan Florentin at email@example.com
- Use the exact subject line: SPE Student Scholarship Applicant – Fall 2013
4. Must be received by: Friday, September 27, 2013 at 11:59pm CST
DECISION: Scholarship winners will be notified of their status as soon as possible. Scholarship winners will
be presented with their check at the regional business meeting during the conference. Therefore, winners
must register for the conference and arrange travel and accommodations themselves, but will have a check
at the conference waiting. It is strongly recommended that applicants register for the conference
immediately, this conference may sell out.