Due: October 15, 2015
THE SOCIETY FOR PHOTOGRAPHIC EDUCATION STUDENT AWARDS FOR INNOVATIONS IN IMAGING
All SPE student members are eligible to apply for a scholarship to offset the cost of attending SPE’s 2016 national conference. Ten awards are offered based on merits of submitted portfolios and include a $550 travel stipend to attend the national conference, a 2016 national conference fee waiver, and a one-year membership to SPE.
• Applicants must be current, matriculated undergraduate or graduate students enrolled at a post-secondary institution majoring/concentrating in photography and not graduating before the end of the academic year 2015-2016.
• Applicants must be student members of SPE or become members before submitting their scholarship applications. Visitspenational.org to join or renew your membership.
• Applicants are not eligible to receive scholarship awards for two consecutive years.
This year’s jurors are SPE national board members serving on the Awards and Recognition Committee: Bill Gaskins (Chair), Sonseree´ Gibson, Mark Malloy, and Arno Rafael Minkkinen.
ONLINE APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Submit online via spenational.slideroom.com. There is a $10 fee for submitting a portfolio. If you need technical support, please firstname.lastname@example.org.
PREPARE TO SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING
• A cohesive body of work with no more than FIVE images. Images around 1280 x 1280 px @ 72 ppi are ideal for good image quality and fast upload.
• A clear and concise introductory statement that details the conceptual, technical, and aesthetic concerns, issues, influences or questions that your work explores (350 words maximum, approx. 2,100 characters).
• A statement addressing how attendance at the conference will benefit you, as well as an overview of prior involvement with SPE or other arts organizations.
• A brief resume, including name, address, phone number, email address and current institutional affiliation, and educational and professional experience.
• Contact information for a current photography professor (includename, title, email, and phone number).
Applications that do not fulfill all requirements may be eliminated from the competition. Click here to view the official call for entries.
Deadline to apply is October 15, 2015, at 11:59 PM EST.
Direct inquiries to the SPE national office at email@example.com.
Please visit spenational.org/conferences for additional conference information.
Ian Parry Scholarship
The Ian Parry Scholarship is a free international photographic award for documentary & visual photojournalism students and freelance photographers of the age of 24 years and under. This year we celebrate our 26th year.
Our 2015 deadline is July 14th 2015
The award is open to all full time students including recently graduating students and BA, MA and MFA students. We ask you send us a folder of a 12 image portfolio, an application form and a synopsis of a story you would like to shoot should you win via yousendit or dropbox to firstname.lastname@example.org You should include research and a budget with your plan.
The award will be judged on the 21st July by our Patron Don McCullin and Trustees. Please follow us on twitter @ianparryscholar for updates.
We have increased our prize to £3,500 along with a Canon camera for the winner. The finalists will receive £500 each. Save The Children offers an international paid commission to one of the finalists. A selection of the winning images will be published in the SundayTimes magazine Spectrum and exhibited in London, also appearing in a special edition Ian Parry Scholarship catalogue.
Call for Entry:
- Due: July 1, 2015
Exhibition Proposal | Vermont Center for Photography
- Due: July 8, 2015
Portraiture: Pictures in Photography | Black Box Gallery
Theme: Portrait Photography
Juror: Kelli Pennington
- Due: July 13, 2015
Black and White | PhotoPlace Gallery
Juror: Tillman Crane
- Due: July 22, 2015
Memories, Stories, Histories | The Center for Fine Art Photography
Juror: Amy Galpin
- Due: July 31, 2015
International Photography Awards
- Due: July 14, 2015
Ian Parry Scholarship
Women’s Studio Workshop has an artist-centered philosophy and a deep commitment to the individual’s creative process. We support this vision through providing time and space in the form of grants, residencies and internships where artists-in-residence can come to work with 24-hour access to the studios.
Click here for more information.