Due February 7, 2014
SPE South Central invites applications for scholarships to support student attendance at the 2014 SPE
National Conference in Baltimore, March 6-9.
PURPOSE: SPESC region encourages participation in SPE conferences to introduce talented students to
the dynamic culture and programs of SPE. By defraying travel expenses of attendance, SPESC invites a
broad regional audience of qualified students to participate in the activities and values of our organization.
QUALIFICATIONS: SPESC seeks current student members of our SPE region who can articulately
demonstrate his or her intent to travel to the conference. Preference is given to students who provide
examples of extra-curricular activities within a photography program, SPE, or other relevant group or activity.
Winners must be in attendance at the conference to receive the award.
INSTRUCTIONS: Please follow the guidelines exactly so that application is not disqualified:
1. Formal letter of application. Letter should detail level of education, involvement with SPE or related
activities, and brief description of artwork. Student should also illustrate reasons why he or she
should be selected for the scholarship.
2. Please create a single pdf file that contains:
- The letter of application.
- Faculty reference information (name, title, phone, and email of a faculty member).
- A direct link to one Image Gallery on your spenational.org profile.
- You will need to be a current member to create and link to a gallery.
- The URL in your application should link directly to the gallery.
- Applications that do not link directly to an SPE Member Gallery will not be considered.
- Label PDF file as Lastname_Firstname_spesc_spring2014.pdf.
3. Email application pdf file to:
- Bryan Florentin at email@example.com
- Use the exact subject line: SPE Student Scholarship Applicant – Spring 2014
DECISION: Scholarship winners will be notified of their status on or before February 15. Scholarship winners
will be presented with their check at the regional business meeting during the conference. Therefore,
winners must register for the conference and arrange travel and accommodations themselves. It is strongly
recommended that applicants register for the conference immediately since it will probably sell out.