The South Central Regional Conference is just two months away!
Check out the schedule and speakers and see the hotel options at https://southcentral.spenational.org/conference
The schedule is packed with an impressive list of speakers and workshops! Please note that all 5 Thursday workshops have limited availabilty (as does the Sunday visit to the Frist) so please select the ones you wish to attend and contact Shannon to secure a spot (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please submit images for consideration for the SPESC Member Exhibit by August 21st. (If the link doesn’t work: https://southcentral.spenational.org/resources/calls-for-entry/2014-spesc-member-exhibit).
Students and Adjuncts: Please apply for student scholarships ($500 each) and faculty travel assistance grants ($600 each). Deadline is September 5th. Instructions below:
SPESC SCHOLARSHIP FOR STUDENT MEMBERS:
SPE South Central invites applications for scholarships to support student attendance at the 2014 SPE
Regional Conference at MTSU in Murfreesboro, October 2-5.
PURPOSE: SPESC region encourages participation in SPE conferences to introduce talented students to
the dynamic culture and programs of SPE. By defraying travel expenses of attendance, SPESC invites a
broad regional audience of qualified students to participate in the activities and values of our organization.
QUALIFICATIONS: SPESC seeks current student members of our SPE region who can articulately
demonstrate his or her intent to travel to the conference. Preference is given to students who provide
examples of extra-curricular activities within a photography program, SPE, or other relevant group or activity.
Winners must be in attendance at the conference to receive the award. Members who received the
scholarship within the last 2 years are not eligible.
FACULTY SUPPORT: Supporting faculty are not required to provide written letters of support. However,
faculty should be notified and willing to support the applications as a reference. Applicants must provide
accurate faculty contact information including name, title, phone, and email. If needed, board members will
contact faculty to confirm applications.
INSTRUCTIONS: Please follow the guidelines exactly so that the application is not disqualified:
- Formal letter of application. Letter should detail level of education, involvement with SPE or related
activities, and brief description of artwork. Student should also illustrate reasons why he or she
should be selected for the scholarship.
- Please create a single pdf file that contains:
- The letter of application.
- Faculty reference information (name, title, phone, and email of a faculty member).
- A direct link to one Image Gallery on your spenational.org profile.
- You will need to be a current member to create and link to a gallery.
- The URL in your application should link directly to the gallery.
- Applications that do not link directly to an SPE Member Gallery will not be
- Label PDF file as Lastname_Firstname_spesc_fall2014.pdf.
- Email application pdf file to:
- Bryan Florentin at email@example.com
- Use the exact subject line: SPE Student Scholarship Applicant – Fall 2014
DECISION: Scholarship winners will be notified of their status no later than September 10. Scholarship
winners will be presented with their check at the regional business meeting during the conference.
Therefore, winners must register for the conference and arrange travel and accommodations themselves.
DEADLINE: Friday, September 5, 2014, 11:59pm (CST)