Due October 24, 2014
2015 FELLOWSHIPS CALL FOR ENTRIES Juried by Paul Kopeikin, Owner, Kopeikin Gallery (Los Angeles, CA) Deadline is October 24, 2014 at midnight. Two fellowship recipients will be awarded $3,000 each and a solo exhibition at HCP in the summer of 2015. One Houston-based artist (residing within a 100 mile radius of Houston including the Beaumont, Galveston, and College Station areas) will receive the Carol Crow Memorial Fellowship and another artist from anywhere in the world, outside the Houston area, will receive the HCP Fellowship. Paul Kopeikin, Owner, Kopeikin Gallery (Los Angeles, CA) will jury the fellowship selection.
The competition is open to all artists working in photographic and lens-based work. – Any photographic process is acceptable as long as it is:
- Original work
- The body of work is still in development within the last two years
- The body of work submitted as a whole has not been exhibited in a previous HCP Exhibition.
There is a $35 entry, which includes entry for 10 images or video. The maximum number of images artist can submit is 10. You are not required to submit 10 images. You may submit more than one entry. Each entry is $35.
RULES FOR ENTRY:
All submissions will go through CALLFORENTRY.ORG, you can create a free account – Entrants should upload up to 10 images or videos, an artist statement, and a resume/bio – Acceptance will be based on the body of work by each artist rather than on individual images.
- Verify your HCP Membership If you are a member but do not know your membership number please contact Sinai Tirado at 713-529-4755 x16 or email@example.com If you are not a member of HCP you can become one online HERE YOU MUST BE AN HCP MEMBER TO COMPLETE YOUR SUBMISSION!
- Prepare your images and all related texts. Carefully edit a group of no more than 10 images or videos that describe your current lens-based work. Images should be 72 dpi and larger than 1920 px. You will also need to have the following information available:
- an artist statement
- a resume, c/v, or bio\
- specific information for each piece: Title (for identification purposes) Year of exposure Size (height X width) Medium of finished work (inkjet print, chromogenic print, etc.) Pricing (estimate of final print value)
3. Uploading Images and text to CALLFORENTRY.ORG Create a free account on callforentry.org or log in to an existing account to upload your images and text. Upload images to My Profile.
4. Apply to Houston Center for Photography’s call for entry
- log on to callforentry.org and make sure you are logged into your profile
- on the top tool bar click Apply to Calls
- scroll through the list to find Houston Center for Photography (it is set default to sort alphabetically so we should be almost halfway down the page)
- click APPLY TO THIS CALL
- accept the agreement for submission
- Copy/Paste all text (Artist Statement, Resume, CV) into appropriate text boxes
- Answer the remaining questions (you will need your membership number)
- Add the images from your profile you would like to submit for this call for entry
- Save your application
- Complete your submission
5. Submit and Payment Confirm that you are a member of HCP. If you are unsure of your membership please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not currently a member of HCP please sign up for a membership HERE before completing your submission. We will contact all non-members at the close of the call and notify them that their submissions will be ineligible for selection and will not be included in the submissions reviewed by the Juror. After you receive an email receipt of payment, your submission process is complete.