The 3rd International SPE Combined Caucus Juried Show is organized in conjunction with the 2015 SPE National Conference, “Atmospheres: Climate, Equity and Community in Photography”. In an effort to provide our members with additional exhibition opportunities, we are excited to announce that this year’s exhibition will be held across two fantastic venues! We are so fortunate to have both the Ogden Museum of Southern Art and the New Orleans Photo Alliance (NOPA) hosting this year’s event. All accepted work will be placed in one of the two venues at the discretion of our two accomplished jurors: Deborah Willis and Carol McCusker. This dual venue exhibition will be on view March 12 through April 5, 2015 with opening receptions taking place on the evening of Saturday, March 14 during the SPE 2015 National Conference. The artworks selected will reflect the diversity of the three caucuses. There is no specific theme. For further information on the caucuses’ missions, please visit www.spenational.org/about/caucuse
Entries will be submitted and juried through the SPE National website member gallery. To submit work for consideration you will need to create a NEW portfolio in your SPE online member gallery. Please note that you are allowed a maximum of six portfolios if you already have the maximum number of portfolios, you will need to replace one to use as your exhibition submission. Images should be a maximum of 2100 pixels on the long side, jpg format preferred. Please follow the instructions below:
1. Login to http://www.spenational.org with your email address; make sure to select the box in your profile preferences for any/all Caucuses you wish to join. Please make sure that your membership is current.
a. After you have confirmed caucus participation in the “My Profile” section, create a new portfolio titled “2015 Caucus Application Portfolio” in the “My Portfolio” section of the website. The “Application Portfolio” must be the first portfolio in “My Portfolio,” so that the application slide is visible when the Member Gallery is sorted by the exhibition committee for the jurors. Use the yellow cross-arrow to drag this portfolio to the first position.
2. Application Slide: Create an application slide, a jpg from Photoshop works great. Must be white with large black text stating:
SPE Combined Caucus Juried Show
3. Upload your application slide and up to 5 images.
a.Move your submission portfolio into first position, by clicking on the yellow cross-arrow and dragging to first position.
b.Upload the application slide first. Then upload your 5 application images.
c.YOU MUST MARK YOUR PORTFOLIO PUBLIC! If you do not, the jurors will not be able to view your entry.
4. Artist Statement: You must include an artist statement in your “Application Portfolio.” When you create your new portfolio there is a text box for you to enter an artist statement into. Your application WILL NOT be reviewed without an artist statement, brief or otherwise. Please make this 600 words max.
5. After you have successfully uploaded your application, click on “support us” from the SPE menu, then click on “merchandise” and scroll down to and click the button for “2015 All Caucus Exhibition” to pay for your entry. http://www.spenational.org/support-us/merchandise
6. After you have uploaded your application portfolio, and paid your entry fee, you must send an email with 2015 SPE Caucus Exhibition Application in the subject area to SPEcaucus2015@gmail.com. It is very important that you send this email, as it is the only way the organizers know you have submitted to the exhibition! Please include your name as it appears on your SPE Gallery, a return email address and caucus membership information, and payment confirmation. Your work will not be reviewed if this email confirmation is not received.