Entry Deadline: Friday, October 14, 2016 by 5 pm
The Latino Cultural Center is seeking artists for it’s Día de los Muertos Exhibition.
Exhibition Dates: October 29 – November 5, 2016
“The Final Encore” is the theme for this year’s annual Día de los Muertos exhibition designed to showcase artists in our community through altars and art work. The exhibition hopes to highlight work that is reflective of the theme of giving our deceased loved ones a final encore, a celebration of all that they represent.
Submission deadline: Friday, October 14, 2016 by 5 p.m. Not a postmark deadline Entries received after the deadline will not be accepted.
Notification of acceptance: Saturday, October 15, 2016 (by email)
Delivery of artwork: Tuesday, October 18- Saturday, October 22, 2016, 10 am to 5 pm
Exhibit opening: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 12 pm during the Día de los Muertos Festival. Artist reception and dance, 6-11 pm.
Exhibition dates: October 29 – November 5, 2016
Pick-up artwork: Tuesday, November 8- Saturday, November 12, 2016, 10 am to 5 pm. Altars need to be picked up by Saturday, November 5, 2016 from 5-9 pm or Tuesday, November 8 from 10 am-5 pm.
• Artists must reside in the City of Dallas or within the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex
• Any medium will be considered; however, artists who exhibit artwork that requires the use of special equipment (computers, projectors, multimedia devices, etc.) will be responsible for providing such equipment for the duration of the exhibition
• Size limit for 3D artwork will not exceed 15 feet (length + width + depth), with the longest side of the piece not exceeding 7 feet
• For 2D artwork, the longest side cannot exceed 7 feet
• Altars cannot exceed 6 ft. x 6 ft., and only battery powered candles will be allowed
How to Submit Entries
Please submit the following for consideration:
• Completed Artist Entry Form (please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the form)
• Artists statement of 50 words or less – how your piece relates to this year’s theme
• Artists may submit up to three different artworks to be considered (.jpeg format)
• Entries may be submitted via email, mail and/or in person to: Jessica Trevizo at email@example.com, or 2600 Live Oak St. Dallas, TX 75204
• For altars, submit/email an altar proposal and how it relates to this year’s theme
• Incomplete submissions will not be considered
• Artists will be notified of acceptance by October 15, 2016 via email
• Works must be ready for display, including framing and a secure hanging device, if applicable. Artwork that is not suitable for hanging/displaying will not be included in the exhibition
Delivery of Artwork
• Artwork must be delivered to the Latino Cultural Center, 2600 Live Oak Street, Dallas, TX 75204 between Tuesday, October 18-Saturday, October, 22, 2016, 10 am-5 pm.
• Mailed entries should arrive at the LCC by the deadline
For entry forms, please contact
Jessica Trevizo, 214-670-7952
Mail submissions to:
Latino Cultural Center
Attn: Jessica Trevizo
2600 Live Oak St.
Dallas, TX 75204