The 2016 Call for Entries began on September 1st. The Call for Entries will end on the below dates.
Early Bird Deadline is September 30, 2015
Regular Deadline is November 30, 2015
Late Deadline is December 22, 2015
As long as you complete the online submission process and pay by the deadline, your submission will count. You then must ensure physical delivery of your submission (if applicable) ASAP. We MUST receive all submission materials by the end of business on December 30, 2015. Otherwise, your submission will not be considered.
Submission fees are in US Dollars and are non-refundable. Thin Line reserves the right to disqualify a submission, without a refund or credit, if eligibility requirements are not met or if eligibility status changes. Each entry must be accompanied by the appropriate fee. One submission is defined as one film, one band or musician, and one photo. Submission fees may be paid by credit card only (Visa, MasterCard, Discover).
NOTE: Students get 50% off Film, Photo and Music submission fees. Your submission must be flagged as ‘student’ when asked and you must e-mail a photo/copy of your student ID to email@example.com.
Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry.
Student works are accepted.
The exhibition is open to all photographers worldwide, both amateur and professional. All genres accepted. You will have the chance to specify a category during submission. However, Thin Line reserves the right to place your images in any category.
Essentially, festival preference is for minimal editing; and any editing should “maintain the integrity of the photographic images’ content and context.” Cropping is allowed in all categories. Absolutely NO editing (other than cropping) is allowed in the Light Painting sub-category. If you have any questions related to this point, please feel free to e-mail us firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright: By entering, you retain copyright and remain the owner of your images. You agree that the images you submit may be used in printed publications, on Thin Line’s websites, in a slideshow and screensaver, may be uploaded on Thin Line’s social media channels, or in any other media, and may be copied and displayed in any country provided that you are afforded appropriate attribution as the photographer.
- All entrants will be notified by e-mail or phone of their submission status no later than January 20th, 2016.
- Multiple entries are allowed. If submitting multiple works across different festivals; you will be required to submit two transactions, one for each festival.
- Make sure to tell us any special information about you or your submission. Some key points could be that you are a Texas-based artist. Or does your work have anything to do with the University of North Texas, Texas Woman’s University, or Denton County?
- Submission materials will not be returned, nor will they ever be used for any purpose other than what is stated in these rules.
Photographs submitted during the process should be no more than 1000px on its longest side @ 72dpi and in the JPG format. Name your photo submissions using the following naming convention: last-first-photo_title-desiredcategory-TL2016.jpg
- Where “last” is your Last name.
- Where “first” is your First name.
- Where “photo title” is a brief description of the photograph
- Where “desiredcategory” is the category you think your submission falls under.
- Please make sure to include TL2016 at the end of your file name.
Entrants are encouraged to submit a series of photographs (up to 5 in a series).
Thin Line cannot be responsible for lost, damaged, late or misdirected entries, or for faulty uploading connections or technical malfunctions.
If You Are Selected
- You must execute a release agreement wherein you (i) accept responsibility for obtaining any and all clearances necessary to exhibit your film, photo, or music at Thin Line 2016; (ii) warrant that you have the rights necessary to exhibit your film, photo, or music at Thin Line 2016; and (iii) indemnify and hold harmless Thin Line Fest, its parent company, its affiliates, and subsidiaries and any of their respective directors, officers, employees, and representatives against any claim arising out of exhibition of your film, photo, or music at Thin Line 2016.
- You authorize Thin Line Fest to exhibit your selected work during the 2016 festival.
- You authorize Thin Line Fest to use your selected work for festival promotion purposes.
If your photo is selected for print, the Photo Program Committee will determine print-size and format for display at the various photography exhibitions. You must provide a high-resolution, print-ready format of the selected photo(s). If your photo is selected for a digital gallery, you must provide a lossless 1920×1080 file of your photo(s).
If selected, you may opt in or out of the Photo Sale program. For Sales, all interested parties will be asked to contact email@example.com at which point we will work with the artists to determine print requirements and pricing. Net proceeds will be split 50/50 with the artist.
- Thin Line, at its sole discretion, may invite select films/musicians/photographers to participate in the festival.
- All invited works are ineligible for competitive awards.
- Unless otherwise agreed by the Festival in writing, awards will be fulfilled approximately 10-14 weeks after the closing date of the festival.
- Award eligibility is subject to any restrictions or conditions imposed by applicable laws and regulations (international, federal, state or otherwise), and the award recipient is responsible for all applicable taxes, customs, tariffs, insurance and similar charges or costs (if any).
- 2016 Awards listed in the below Festival sections are subject to change.
Best of Category Awards – $250 in Cash and prizes- One for each category. One photo will be chosen from each of the four themes. This award is given to the photograph that most well represents each category. The 2016 categories are:
- Natural Beauty
- It’s About People
- What Moves Us
- There’s a Thin Line
Instant Film Award – $250 in Cash and prizes. One photo will be chosen from the Instant Film event that will occur during the Thin Line 2016 Festival.
A Thin Line of Light – This award is given to the most outstanding Light Painting. Absolutely no editing is allowed. Images will be judged on originality, technical mastery, difficulty, and visual aesthetics. One photographer will receive $250 in cash and prizes.
Photo entries will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact, and artistic merit. The story behind the photo may influence the judges’ decisions. Decisions made by the judges are final.
Photo Sales: All interested parties will be asked to contact firstname.lastname@example.org at which point we will work with the artists to determine print requirements and pricing. Net proceeds will be split 50/50 with the artist.