Due: February 20, 2015
SPESC Student Scholarship | Society for Photographic Education South Central Region
SPESC SCHOLARSHIP FOR STUDENT MEMBERS:
SPE South Central invites applications for scholarships to support student attendance at the 2015 SPE National Conference at in New Orleans, LA, March 12-15.
SPESC region encourages participation in SPE conferences to introduce talented students to the dynamic culture and programs of SPE. By defraying travel expenses of attendance, SPESC invites a broad regional audience of qualified students to participate in the activities and values of our organization.
SPESC seeks current student members of our SPE region who can articulately demonstrate his or her intent to travel to the conference. Preference is given to students who provide examples of extra-curricular activities within a photography program, SPE, or other relevant group or activity. Winners must be in attendance at the conference to receive the award. Members who received the scholarship within the last year are not eligible.
Supporting faculty are not required to provide written letters of support. However, faculty should be notified and willing to support the applications as a reference. Applicants must provide accurate faculty contact information including name, title, phone, and email. If needed, board members will contact faculty to confirm applications.
Please follow the guidelines exactly so that the application is not disqualified:
- Formal letter of application. Letter should detail level of education, involvement with SPE or related activities, and brief description of artwork. Student should also illustrate reasons why he or she should be selected for the scholarship.
- Please create a single PDF file that contains:
- The letter of application.
- Faculty reference information (name, title, phone, and email).
- A direct link to one Image Gallery on your spenational.org profile.
i. You will need to be a current member to create and link to a gallery.
ii. The URL in your application should link directly to the gallery.
iii. Gallery must be made public.
iv. Applications that do not link directly to an SPE Member Gallery will not be considered.
- Label PDF file as Lastname_Firstname_spesc_spring2015.pdf.
3. Email application pdf file to:
- Bryan Florentin at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use the exact subject line: SPE Student Scholarship Applicant – Spring 2015
Scholarship winners will be notified of their status no later than February 27. Scholarship winners will be presented with their check at the regional business meeting during the conference. Therefore, winners must register for the conference and arrange travel and accommodations themselves.