Due: October 15, 2015
THE SOCIETY FOR PHOTOGRAPHIC EDUCATION STUDENT AWARDS FOR INNOVATIONS IN IMAGING
All SPE student members are eligible to apply for a scholarship to offset the cost of attending SPE’s 2016 national conference. Ten awards are offered based on merits of submitted portfolios and include a $550 travel stipend to attend the national conference, a 2016 national conference fee waiver, and a one-year membership to SPE.
• Applicants must be current, matriculated undergraduate or graduate students enrolled at a post-secondary institution majoring/concentrating in photography and not graduating before the end of the academic year 2015-2016.
• Applicants must be student members of SPE or become members before submitting their scholarship applications. Visitspenational.org to join or renew your membership.
• Applicants are not eligible to receive scholarship awards for two consecutive years.
This year’s jurors are SPE national board members serving on the Awards and Recognition Committee: Bill Gaskins (Chair), Sonseree´ Gibson, Mark Malloy, and Arno Rafael Minkkinen.
ONLINE APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Submit online via spenational.slideroom.com. There is a $10 fee for submitting a portfolio. If you need technical support, please email@example.com.
PREPARE TO SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING
• A cohesive body of work with no more than FIVE images. Images around 1280 x 1280 px @ 72 ppi are ideal for good image quality and fast upload.
• A clear and concise introductory statement that details the conceptual, technical, and aesthetic concerns, issues, influences or questions that your work explores (350 words maximum, approx. 2,100 characters).
• A statement addressing how attendance at the conference will benefit you, as well as an overview of prior involvement with SPE or other arts organizations.
• A brief resume, including name, address, phone number, email address and current institutional affiliation, and educational and professional experience.
• Contact information for a current photography professor (includename, title, email, and phone number).
Applications that do not fulfill all requirements may be eliminated from the competition. Click here to view the official call for entries.
Deadline to apply is October 15, 2015, at 11:59 PM EST.
Direct inquiries to the SPE national office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit spenational.org/conferences for additional conference information.
Congratulations to Rachael Banks for being awarded a SPESC Student Scholarship to attend the 2015 SPE National Conference in New Orleans, LA.
Rachael is a Louisville, KY native and MFA photography candidate at Texas Woman’s University with an expected graduation date of May 2015. She received her Bachelor of Arts degree in photography and painting at Bellarmine University in Louisville, KY.
Due: February 20, 2015
SPESC Student Scholarship | Society for Photographic Education South Central Region
SPESC SCHOLARSHIP FOR STUDENT MEMBERS:
SPE South Central invites applications for scholarships to support student attendance at the 2015 SPE National Conference at in New Orleans, LA, March 12-15.
SPESC region encourages participation in SPE conferences to introduce talented students to the dynamic culture and programs of SPE. By defraying travel expenses of attendance, SPESC invites a broad regional audience of qualified students to participate in the activities and values of our organization.
SPESC seeks current student members of our SPE region who can articulately demonstrate his or her intent to travel to the conference. Preference is given to students who provide examples of extra-curricular activities within a photography program, SPE, or other relevant group or activity. Winners must be in attendance at the conference to receive the award. Members who received the scholarship within the last year are not eligible.
Supporting faculty are not required to provide written letters of support. However, faculty should be notified and willing to support the applications as a reference. Applicants must provide accurate faculty contact information including name, title, phone, and email. If needed, board members will contact faculty to confirm applications.
Please follow the guidelines exactly so that the application is not disqualified:
- Formal letter of application. Letter should detail level of education, involvement with SPE or related activities, and brief description of artwork. Student should also illustrate reasons why he or she should be selected for the scholarship.
- Please create a single PDF file that contains:
- The letter of application.
- Faculty reference information (name, title, phone, and email).
- A direct link to one Image Gallery on your spenational.org profile.
i. You will need to be a current member to create and link to a gallery.
ii. The URL in your application should link directly to the gallery.
iii. Gallery must be made public.
iv. Applications that do not link directly to an SPE Member Gallery will not be considered.
- Label PDF file as Lastname_Firstname_spesc_spring2015.pdf.
3. Email application pdf file to:
- Bryan Florentin at email@example.com
- Use the exact subject line: SPE Student Scholarship Applicant – Spring 2015
Scholarship winners will be notified of their status no later than February 27. Scholarship winners will be presented with their check at the regional business meeting during the conference. Therefore, winners must register for the conference and arrange travel and accommodations themselves.