Due: January 24, 2016
Raw Talent: 500X College Expo | 500X Gallery
Juror: Ariel Saldivar
About Raw Talent: 500X College Expo
500X Gallery, Texas’ oldest artist-run space, continues our annual juried show for college students!
Like the annual Expo juried show, Raw Talent: 500X College Expo aims to bring together artists from around the state. The exhibition offers college students an opportunity to enter into a dialogue with their Texas-based counterparts and to see work by their colleagues at other institutions. The exhibition will offer visitors an overview of the variety of perspectives that exist throughout colleges and universities in Texas. Opening reception is Saturday, February 6th 7-10pm.
* To submit work, please visit http://500x.slideroom.com
* The exhibition is open to all artists enrolled in college-level courses in Texas.
* The entry fee is $30 for up to 3 images (includes details of work).
* All visual media are eligible, including drawing, painting, photography, sculpture, installation and video (artist must supply all required electronic equipment).
* Artists will be notified via email Tuesday, Feb. 7th, if the work has been accepted into the exhibition. If you do not receive an email, your work has not been accepted.
* All work must be picked up by March 8th. $50 storage charge for work left after this date.
* Work must be exhibition ready (with securely attached D-rings, cleats, etc). Works without hanging hardware- even if accepted by the juror- will NOT be accepted for the exhibition, and there will be no refund of the entry fee.
* Complex installations will be considered only if the artist is available to install.
* During drop-off, accepted entrants must show a current student ID.
* Securely label each work with your name, title of work, media, dimensions, date of execution, and price. You will be asked to fill out a form with this information for our records again on site.
* The gallery retains a 40% commission on all artwork sold during the exhibition.
- January 24th, 2016: Submission of work due online at http://500x.slideroom.com
- January 31st, 2016: Accepted artists notified
- February 6th and 7th , 2016, 2-5pm: Artists drop-off work
- February 13, 2016: Opening Reception
- March 6th, 2016: Exhibition Ends
- March 6 from 5-7 or March 7 from 6-8: Artists Pick-Up Work
About the Juror
Ariel Saldivar is the Founder and Executive Director of ArtPrize Dallas, a radically open, independently organized international art competition coming to Dallas in 2017. Formally, Associate Director of The Goss-Michael Foundation, a non-profit dedicated to strengthening Dallas’ thriving arts community through programming that supports public engagement with emerging and mid-career British artists. Under her leadership, a successful Artist-In-Residence program was established to bridge international and local artists. She created an art auction model that helped raise over 6 million dollars for the MTV Redefine Staying Alive Foundation. She has curated and advised high-profile contemporary art collections and lectured internationally on art and design. Ariel is an award-winning designer; entrepreneur and former indie rock musician who toured around the world and currently is establishing development strategies to support innovative art education initiatives in Dallas. She currently serves on the Boards of Oak Cliff Foundation, Resources for Creative Exchange, Dallas Museum of Art AOA Advisory Committee, and is an at large commissioner for the Office of Cultural Affairs for the City of Dallas.