Due: October 15, 2015
THE SOCIETY FOR PHOTOGRAPHIC EDUCATION STUDENT AWARDS FOR INNOVATIONS IN IMAGING
All SPE student members are eligible to apply for a scholarship to offset the cost of attending SPE’s 2016 national conference. Ten awards are offered based on merits of submitted portfolios and include a $550 travel stipend to attend the national conference, a 2016 national conference fee waiver, and a one-year membership to SPE.
• Applicants must be current, matriculated undergraduate or graduate students enrolled at a post-secondary institution majoring/concentrating in photography and not graduating before the end of the academic year 2015-2016.
• Applicants must be student members of SPE or become members before submitting their scholarship applications. Visitspenational.org to join or renew your membership.
• Applicants are not eligible to receive scholarship awards for two consecutive years.
This year’s jurors are SPE national board members serving on the Awards and Recognition Committee: Bill Gaskins (Chair), Sonseree´ Gibson, Mark Malloy, and Arno Rafael Minkkinen.
ONLINE APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Submit online via spenational.slideroom.com. There is a $10 fee for submitting a portfolio. If you need technical support, please email@example.com.
PREPARE TO SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING
• A cohesive body of work with no more than FIVE images. Images around 1280 x 1280 px @ 72 ppi are ideal for good image quality and fast upload.
• A clear and concise introductory statement that details the conceptual, technical, and aesthetic concerns, issues, influences or questions that your work explores (350 words maximum, approx. 2,100 characters).
• A statement addressing how attendance at the conference will benefit you, as well as an overview of prior involvement with SPE or other arts organizations.
• A brief resume, including name, address, phone number, email address and current institutional affiliation, and educational and professional experience.
• Contact information for a current photography professor (includename, title, email, and phone number).
Applications that do not fulfill all requirements may be eliminated from the competition. Click here to view the official call for entries.
Deadline to apply is October 15, 2015, at 11:59 PM EST.
Direct inquiries to the SPE national office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit spenational.org/conferences for additional conference information.
Due: June 1, 2015
Call for Proposals:
SPE welcomes presentation proposals for SPE’s 2016 National Conference, Constructed Realities, from member photographers, writers, educators, curators, historians and professionals from other fields.
Next year’s theme will address the aspects of myth, fantasy, and reality in photography and deconstruct rhetoric of what constitutes a photograph.
Topics are not required to be theme-based, and may include but are not limited to, imagemaking, history, contemporary theory and criticism, multidisciplinary approaches, new technologies, effects of media and culture, educational issues, funding, and presentations of work in photography, film, video, performance and installation.
Graduate Student – short presentation of your own artistic work and a brief introduction to your graduate program (must be enrolled in graduate program at time of submission)
Imagemaker – presentation on your own artistic work
Lecture – presentation on historical topic, theory, or another artist’s work
Panel Discussion – active discussion among panelists (max 4), moderator and audience to discuss a chosen topic
Teaching & Learning – presentations, workshops, or demos that address educational issues, including teaching resources and strategies
Submission Deadline: JUNE 1, 2015, 11:59 PM EDT
Visit www.spenational.org for full details.